Thursday, January 31, 2013

Join Me in Celebrating Your Favorite Children's Authors and Illustrators

Next week is the first week of February and time to honor the many fabulous authors and illustrators of children's books during the Children's Authors and Illustrators Week!

As a lifelong avid reader, I've always loved books and some of my all-time favorite books are those I read as a child. I imagine most of us remember at least a few treasured books from our childhood...books that inspired us or moved us in some way. Now, as a children's book author myself, I am honored to join the wonderful tradition of engaging young minds and, perhaps, inspiring some children to become lifelong readers themselves.

I invite you to join me in celebrating your favorite children's book authors and illustrators next week. Here are a few ideas to get you started:

  • Re-read a favorite book from your childhood (or, better yet, read it to or with a child in your life)
  • Attend an author/illustrator visit at your local library or bookstore
  • Write a letter with your child to one of his/her favorite authors or illustrators sharing what you like most about the books (most authors and illustrators have websites or you can send the letter to the book's publisher)
  • Write and/or illustrate a children's story of your own (perhaps a personalized story for a child in your life? or a story your mother told you as a child?)



No comments: