Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Fall 2012 Book Events

This fall has been the season for sharing my books directly with readers during local book events. In late September, I exhibited at the Northwest Bookfest 2012 in Kirkland, WA where I shared a booth with Bill Westwood, the author of the young adult fantasy novel Shimmering. Our outdoor booth provided beautiful views of Peter Kirk park on the cool, sunny days. The free event was open to the public and featured author appearances and workshops. I enjoyed meeting some of my readers and fellow authors.

On Sunday, October 14th I attended the Pacific Northwest Booksellers Association 2012 Fall Trade Show in Tacoma, WA. The show was open only to book industry professionals. The day was a marvelous success: I gave books away and made several valuable contacts with librarians and bookstore owners. I'd like to say a special thanks to those who stopped by the booth to tell me they support my mission and encourage me to keep writing about bully issues for the younger readers.

No comments: