Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Happy Organize Your Home Office Day!

Did you know that this Saturday (March 9th) is Organize Your Home Office Day? Do you have time to celebrate with me by spending a few hours doing some spring cleaning? Perhaps your home office doesn't need a major overhaul...I've found that just cleaning off my desk and filing away the mass of papers that seem to accumulate over time is often enough to renew my appreciation for my workspace.

And, I do love my home workspace...it's comfortable, cozy, and full of light (a must-have in Seattle). I'm surrounded by many of my favorite things including items that inspire me and my writing.

Ready to tackle the task of organizing your home office? Here are a few articles I found helpful:




And if your bout of organizing has inspired you to tackle other rooms in your house or if you just need a little guidance on the organizing process, check out these useful books:


  • Organizing for Your Brain Type: Finding Your Own Solution to Managing Time, Paper, and Stuff by Lanna Nakone (Available at Amazon.com) - Nakone is a professional organizer and the book is full of practical tips and techniques that help you put into practice the newfound knowledge of how your brain wants things organized.
  • Organizing from the Inside Out by Julie Morgenstern (Available at Amazon.com) - This is one of my "go to" books on organizing that I skim every time I find myself overwhelmed by an organizing task. 

No comments: