Monday, October 21, 2013

Connecting through Writing

This week teachers, students, writers, and bloggers around the country are celebrating how writing makes connections in honor of National Day on Writing (October 20th). For more information about National Day on Writing, visit the official site.

I love how my writing connects me with  my readers, often in ways I would never have expected. In sharing my ideas and stories through my books and blog, I am slowly exposing bits and pieces of my "self" and my soul. I like to think that my readers can look beyond the words to see the "me" that is swimming underneath.

My writing has also created new connections and deepened established ones with so many amazing people:  other writers at book fairs; parents of my readers at book signings; my editor, publisher, and publicist; old friends and new via social media; family members seeing our shared past through my eyes; and, of course, perhaps the most important connection of all, my inner self.


No comments: